Thursday, January 14, 2010

Virgina



Yeah, I know, this picture says PA, but we never passed a Welcome to Virgina sign. After spending 10 hours in the car, it was wonderful to finally arrive in VA at my aunt's new house!
These are the pictures of my cousin's bedroom. I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday, and part of Thursday painting it.




 




Here are the pictures are from  our visit to the Smithsonian on Friday.


We also went to the Federal Art Gallery:
  
The above painting of the lady in white is by far my favorite painting from the gallery. It is by Whistler, and something in her face and stance is.....capturing, I suppose. The violin is, yes, a painting. The picture does not do it justice; it looks so very 3D and real in person. And the window...yes, that's a painting as well, though it looks like you could reach through it.

No comments: