Saturday, July 10, 2010

Speechless

I'm a quiet person. I don't say a lot, and that's normal. But it's rare for me to be speechless, and even rarer for me to be speechless twice in one week. Yet that is exactly what happened this past week.
The first time was Monday night. I was minding my own business,  when suddenly I see my best friend from California (whom I had never met in person) coming towards me. And I went speechless.

The second time was Thursday night at Contra. A good friend surprised me with a gift: a Civil War broach and coin purse. Entirely unexpected, and again, I was speechless.
People are worried sometimes that because I don't scream at surprises, I'm not happy. But it's just the opposite. I'm SO happy about surprises that my brain stops functioning and no words come to mind.
So I thought I'd share that with you, and warn you in the process: if you ever surprise me and I don't say anything, take it as a good sign! =D

No comments: