Monday, December 13, 2010

A Photoshoot In 1862

I've spent a lot of time lately in the year 1862; it's almost more normal than 2010! The reason.......Genesee Country Museum's "Yueltide In The Country" program. My mom and I have spent our past two weekends at the village, acting out a scene which takes place in 1862. But, since we've been there so often, and have had some extra time, a friend and I couldn't resist taking the opportunity to use the houses for a photoshoot. Here are some of the best:


This one is a favorite. It looks very authentic to the time period.





Another favorite - I love the way that the pattern of the carpet shows so vividly.


My other favorite; the shadows and color is very intense.


Just to try something different - reading some sort of paper. Actually, it was a very sad story. Some young man named Harry was trying to gain his independence, so his uncle got him a place on a ship for four years. But, Harry had to leave before he had time to tell his beloved, Alice, that he was leaving, so as the ship sailed past their favorite spot, he could hear her crying.....


Check back next week for pictures from Yueltide!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE these pictures! They're fantastic!!!

Ellen Gerwitz said...

And getting to sit on the real furniture and at that awesome desk - so jealous now!!!!!