Thursday, January 16, 2014

{Works With Her Hands} Oh, Babies!

The past few months a lot of my projects have been baby items. Most of them were for my little nephew Hudson. I just finished working on this quilt for him. My mom did all the cross-stitched squares, and then I turned it into a quilt. I think it will look great with the rest of the travel-theme nursery!



Then, I've also been working on a present for a friend who is due in February. They aren't finding out the gender, so everything needed to be as neutral as possible. I ended up crocheting this adorable cat and dog duo:


Then, I knitted this onsie. The most interesting thing about it is the color patterns that ended up happening. I was working with two yarns, grey and white, at the same time. When I was knitting flat (the top and the bottom) the two colors looked more mixed. When I was knitting in the round, in the middle, the two colors are more scattered. I had no idea this would happen, but it looks kind of cool.


The edges are finished off with one row of grey crochet.


The openings have snap closures.


I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was stalled half-way, because I was using plastic needles, and one snapped :/  But, I got a nice new METAL pair, and from then on out it was an easy finish.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

All your baby themed projects look really cute! The color pattern on the onesie *is* neat. I had a similar effect when I was knitting a pair of socks with variegated yarn. Come to fine out the yarn was self-striping, and it really did work. Never ceases to amaze me how it turns out like that!
Great job! I'm sure everyone will love their gifts, and they're extra special since you made them yourself.

-The Farming Daughter