Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Write the Word - Peace

The last few weeks have been hard over here. Between a variety of health issues over the past few months, and my grandma's passing, and a few situations which are full of uncertainty, I was left feeling entirely overwhelmed and nowhere near strong enough to handle it all yesterday. 

As yesterday was my normal Bible-study day, I decided to take a break from the Proverbs 31 study to focus more strongly on what I really needed, and I chose to do that through writing out scripture. I love writing the Word; it helps me to focus on and absorb the truth so much more than simply reading it. I hope that these verses also help you, wherever you're at today. 


Even in the nighttime, when it's dark, and scary, and I have no idea what is going on, the Lord still guides me and instructs me. If the Lord is before me, I can rest in hope, and rejoice.



 This is a long time favorite of mine; I believe that I will see God's goodness in this life, and that keeps me going. I can find strength and courage as I wait on the Lord.


 This is my March theme verse; I don't have to do everything, and I don't have to do it all now. God is working, and I can wait patiently for Him, and find rest as I wait.


No matter what the circumstance, I can trust that God is in control, that He is working, and that He will be with me - as I fix my mind on that truth, He will fill me with His perfect peace
 

Whether I walk through the water, or the river, or the fire, I will not be overwhelmed, because the One who created me has called me His own, and is always with me. 


Christ has given His peace to us, but not as the World gives it. The World gives things circumstantially, conditionally, and expecting something in return. Christ has given me His peace fully, unconditionally, as much as I need, and not based on the circumstances. So my heart does not need to be troubled or afraid.


A hand is made for doing things - a hand builds, moves, cleans, holds. Whatever God's hand is doing in my life, I need to humbled myself under it. And as I wait for His work and timing, I can cast all my cares on Him knowing that He does care for me.

No comments: