Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So Many Projects......

......Not nearly enough motivation.

I don't know about you, but I wish I could run down to the nearest Starbucks and order motivation the same way I order coffee.

Um..yeah.......I'll take a Venti of Motivation with a shot of Energy, and extra Creativity on top, please.


Unfortunately, life does not work that way. I am naturally a rather lazy and unproductive person; motivation only comes my way on its own every once in a while. Thanks to lots of hard work and wonderful parents who have taught me diligence and self-discipline, I can now say that on most days, I am productive. And yet still, I have a long list of projects to finish.

Another thing I like to do it have at least two or three projects going at the same time. I get bored of one easily, so that way I always have another to work on. Sounds great, right? Yeah, well, the only problem is......I don't always finish all the projects I start.

All that to say this: in a effort to be productive and finish ALL my projects, I thought I would share them on my blog. That way, I know people are expecting to see some results! So, here we go:

First one positive note; last week, I cleaned out and ironed and organized my fabric stash!! A big project, but one that NEEDED to be done.

Before:

And after:


Woohoo!! It felt good to get that done.

Now as for the rest of my projects...well..........

I have a quilt that I need to finish quilting, then bind and label:


I have a slide-show of pictures from 2010 to finish:


 I have a book which I got for Christmas to finish reading:


I have a shawl for re-enacting to crochet:


And I have three more books which I got for my birthday to read:


Then add onto all of that my daily chores, weekly tasks, all the places I go, and all the things I WANT to do (like bake apple-cinnamon bagels), and I'm left feeling like there are too many projects and not enough motivation or time. But......somehow, I will be victorious!!!

1 comment:

Cati said...

you're catching the "Katelyn James" post-my-goals bug. Maybe I need to start too! By the way, I forgot to bring you the first book from the Francine River's set... I'll give it to you next week, and that will give you FOUR new books to read! :)