Sunday, September 18, 2011

NY State Fair

So, I realize that I am have been terribly remiss about posting on my blog lately; I just haven't been in a blogging mood at all. But, I figure it's better late than never, so here we go.

On Tuesday, August 30th, I went to the great New York State Fair for the first time. It was CRAZY! So much to hear, see, smell, taste.........it was overwhelming. But it was tons of fun! I went with Stephen and his parents, who have gone every year for a long time, so I had good guides!


We first headed to the dairy bulding, where we got some yummy chocolate milk and saw the butter statue:


After some random wandering, we headed over to the State Trooper area to watch their dog show:




And there's Roseanne, State Trooper style:


 A handsome man enjoying the day:


 We indulged in some deep fried ice cream, which was very delicious, but not quite as epic as I was expecting it to be:


My favorite building, of course, was the arts building; quilts, artwork, photography, music.......does it get any better?


Some of my favorite quilts:

Maple Leaves



Storm At Sea




Sunbursts

Log Cabin - Barn Raising


Baltimore Album

Roosters!!!

The making of a quilt:


Underground Railroad



A beautiful pump organ:


Stephen serenading his eager audience:


For anybody who has never seen a player piano in action:


The model train and circus room:











 Some favorite artwork and photographs:


Very unique perspective:



Yes....that's a painting.........so realistic that we just wanted to take a big bite out of it!






Those hills look like a blanket!



This can't be good for the guitar....



 Dinner was Dinosaur BBQ:



And to end the day, deep fried pineapple...........so AMAZING!


I definitely had a ton of fun, and I'm looking forward to next year!

No comments: