Friday, April 23, 2010

And So Ends The Birthday Week....

As most of you know, this past Sunday was my 16th birthday!!! It started off normally enough: getting up early and going to church. But, getting up early was made much better my a hot cup of coffee =) After church, Cati and I went shopping. We each had longs lists of things to get, and we spent four hours searching and purchasing. Then, we had dinner at Old Country Buffet. I don't know how, but no matter how little food I eat there, I always leave feeling as if I ate a ton! After dinner, Cati dropped me off at English Country dance. It was a wonderful evening!!! The group suprised me by singing happy birthday, a freind whom I wasn't expecting to see showed up, and I got so many happy birthday wishes that I couldn't even count them all!
If that wasn't enough, celebrations continued for the next two days. On Monday morning, Mom and I went to the DMV to get my driver's permit. I was slightly nervous, but all went well, AND I drove us home safely! My two cousins Rachael and Bethany came with us to volleyball that evening, and I recieved even more "happy birthdays" there. After volleyball, my cousins slept over, and we had delicious ice cream cake, and I opened my presents. Alex got me a 2000 piece Ravensburger puzzle; it's gorgeous, and I can't wait to do it!
Tuesday morning we were lazy, but then my cousins and sister kidnapped me and took me to a park for a picnic. It was a wonderfully sunny day. Then we played Minute To Win It, which included all sorts of crazy challenges, like balancing three golfs balls on top of eachother and sliding an oreo off your forehead and into your mouth simply by moving your face!
To wrap up an awesome birthday week, the Contra group on Thursday night sang me Happy Birthday, and again, a ton of more birthday wishes.
This truly has been the BEST birthday I have ever had!!!!!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

On the road! Congratulations!