Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm A Freak......

or so my sister and two cousins decided sometime in the recent past. Why? Because my 19th century wardrobe may soon become larger than my 21st century wardrobe. That's right, more dress making. But this time I'm moving up in the world, and a few decades, for that matter.
This July, I will be spending three days at Genesee Country Museum's Civil War re-enactment. But not just as a visitor......nope, I'll be in the action, a real re-enactor. Thus, my next project: a Civil War dress.

This is the pattern, but the finished dress is going to look a little different. We're changing a few things here and there to accomadate my preferences.
I realized when I got to the store that buttons were one thing I had never researched. What I mean is, I could tell you what pattern, fabric, or trim was period correct, but not which buttons. So, we just went with what seemed to fit.
I may be a freak, but I'm happy being one. I've always loved the dresses of the Civil War, and the war itself. So being able to reenact it is a dream come true!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

Definitely not a freak - just creative! :-)