Monday, July 18, 2016

Rain, Rain

Today, it rained. Wonderful, glorious beautiful rain, on and off and very heavy for at least an hour or more.

It's been an interesting summer, being in a drought and all. Especially with working at the museum, where I'm much more connected to the earth, and really notice the effects of the weather. Brown, crunchy grass; crops not growing; deer eating anything that is watered; real and true threat from fires.

I've been feeling a bit like I'm living Sarah, Plain and Tall - Skylark. Although I haven't seen that movie in a while, I distinctly remember their desperation for rain and joyous thankfulness when it finally came.


So, in lieu of pictures of today's rain (since my phone camera is kinda pathetic and wouldn't do it justice), I've complied a few of my favorite rain pictures!

 E. H. Shephard

 Rain In The Oak Grove - Ivan Shishkan

 Rain's Rustle - Leonid Afremov




And, because chocolate makes even the best things better.....chocolate chip cookies tonight! This was a last minute recipe choice, after realizing I only had coconut flour, and not almond flour. They are delicious! Yup...there's one missing on that tray =)





No comments: