Monday, May 20, 2013

{Helpmeet In Training} Glorious Internet

If you couldn't tell by the title of this post, I really love internet. Especially after going two weeks without having it easily accessible. But finally, this morning, that was fixed!!!

Anyways, here I am in my new apartment, and loving it. The move itself went great, and since then it's been a fun time of learning and adventure (gosh, I sound like a kid's TV show). Things like grocery shopping, laundromats, and cooking with a gas stove have all been a part of this newness.

But, I'm learning. I didn't forget anything this week when I went grocery shopping! Maybe, I may actually start remembering to pull the meat for dinner out of the freezer in the morning, so I don't have to go through the thaw-in-the-microwave routine every night.

I've found that a laundromat really isn't so scary, though it is a rather boring and somewhat dirty, and I've already lost one sock to it's $2.25-per-load washing machines.

All my herbs are growing happily from their places on the deep windowsills, and furniture is slowing trickling into fill the apartment. Curtains will be hung by the end of the week, and with internet now working, I'd say this apartment is well under-way to becoming home.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this new phase of life, even though there is tons of change in it!

No comments: