Thursday, May 30, 2013

{Works With Her Hands} Dress For A Schoolmarm

So, I know I've been pretty bad about keeping up on the blog posts, but now that things are settling back into a routine, I'm trying to get back into it as well. It's been so busy recently that I haven't had much time to work on projects, but my one main project over the last week was a regency dress to use while working in the schoolhouse at the museum.

I used Past Pattern's Front Closing Gown (031), which I had just recently used to make a dress for someone else. I'm really very impressed with this pattern. There are only two challenges involved in it. #1, the instructions are all for hand-sewing, which means that if you want to machine-sew, you have to play around and "interpret" them differently. #2, The sleeves get sewn in with some really awkward angles. Once you can get past those things, it is a great dress that fits well and wears well.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Here are some pictures. Thanks to My Wonderful Man for taking these for me, and dealing with the poor lighting in the school house!




1 comment:

Celia said...

So pretty!

love, Celia