Saturday, May 4, 2013

{One Step At A Time} Early Morning

This week has really been another blah jogging week. I had such a busy weekend that by Monday I felt barely alive. Also, since this cold just won't leave, I took a break from jogging both Monday and Tuesday. The past three days, I've only been able to get to .9 miles, but I think I may also be increasing my speed. Either way, it's been slightly discouraging.

But there was one really great moment this week. On Friday morning I was walking through the second neighborhood on my route, the sun was shining, the air was warm, and I was passing many other people out for walks and with their dogs; I almost forgot that it was only 7:45 in the morning!

See, I used to abhor having to get up any time earlier than 8 or 9 am. I guess I kind of assumed that the only people who would willing get up early are those you have work or school, and they always seem cranky about having to get up early. But apparently, it seems there are plenty of people who even enjoy getting up early!

Now granted, I admit that I still do enjoy getting to sleep in every now and again, and I'm pretty cranky when I first wake up in the morning. But I truly think I would miss those lovely morning hours if I were to start sleeping in till 8 or 9 every day.


Total mileage this week: 3 miles
Longest distance non-stop: 1.6 miles
Total mileage since 4/13/13: 14.6 miles

No comments: