Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ziggy Can't Drive

Weird name, I know. At church today, one of the snacks we had was Scrabble cheese crackers. Each cracker has a letter on it. So, some of us were making words with them. The first sentence we made was "Pigs can't dive", but it evolved into many different things, ending with "Toads drive cars". "Ziggy can't drive" was our favorite though! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it. Well, I really have nothing important to report, but I have nothing to do today, so I thought I might as well write something. Last Friday, I started the dissections for biology. We did an earth worm and a crayfish. My partner did the earth worm; I didn't like that one. It was brown and squishy and just looked gross. So, I did the crayfish. It was kind of weird when I took it out of the bag, and I had an irrational fear that it was going to jump at me. But once I started cutting the "shell", I was reassured that it was dead and I actually found it very fascinating. We even named it Sebastian! So next Friday we are doing a frog and a perch, and then I'll be done with biology! YAY!!!! In other news, I have finally figured out what to do with all my fabric scraps: make a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I have a pattern for it in one of my books, and I tried it yesterday. It is kind of tedious, because it must be dome by hand, and you have to baste each individual piece before you sew them together. But the size of the hexagon is the perfect size to use up scraps. So I will be slowly working on one of those. I guess that's all!

1 comment:

Like Fudge said...

Not sure I could name something I was getting ready to cut open! ;-)