Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Out With The Old.....

 And in with the.......older??? Yup, it's the truth. I LOVE old things; there is just something about antiques that I find endearing. That being said, when I decided that I was done with my little girl bedroom, I knew that it was time to do something about my love of old. After spending one whole afternoon cleaning my room out, throwing out three huge bags of trash and donating another two big bags, it was time to start decorating.
So, with Genesee Country Village (where I would really love to live because everything is OLD) in mind, as well as tons of pictures like these to gain inspiration from:



















I went for it! I raided my mom's family antiques (with her permission, of course) and redecorated several items I already owned. The result?? While certainly not as spectacular as the Museum or those pictures, it's a good start!

























































2 comments:

Like Fudge said...

Looks great!

Genesee Country Village & Museum said...

Very nice start!!! Especially like the black & white photos!