Sunday, August 14, 2011

In This House

Well, moving day was yesterday, so my parents and I are now apartment-dwellers. Thanks to lots of help from friends and family, we were able to get everything moved and all but four small boxes unpacked in just about twelve hours.

I can't really believe I'm saying this, but the actual process of moving was somewhat enjoyable. I kind of liked the whole packing things into cars, moving it into the apartment, and making it feel more homey. But, as I unpacked, I almost couldn't comprehend the fact that this was my new home. I felt like at the end of the day we were going to get in our cars, drive to the house, and everything would still be there. Of course, that wasn't the case, but I think that even just one night of sleeping here has made it feel a little bit more like home.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are pictures of my new room:



 Probably the only thing I really don't like about my room, the view from my window:


A big shout out to Stephen for helping me decorate these various areas of my room; he's got a very artistic eye, and his brain was still working even after mine shut down!







Overall, I really do like my new room. I have a little more floor space, and a huge closet!! (Is it weird that the thing I'm most excited about is my closet??) And I'm sure after a few weeks, this will really start to feel like home.


2 comments:

Celia said...

How pretty! Great job decorating =)

Like Fudge said...

I can't believe that you have really moved!!!! I know we haven't seen you nearly enough this year, but now you are soooo far! Your room looks great - definitely personalized and homey. Miss you.