Friday, August 12, 2011

Just The Thought Of It

I thought you all would enjoy a little interesting something that happened to me at work yesterday; just to preface it, Stephen always brings me a dish filled with some of the different foods that the cooks have been making that day, and since I started working there, he's gotten me to try a ton of things. With that in mind:

Stephen, handing me my bowl and stabbing a piece of meat on the fork: "You've got to try this boiled meat! It's really good."

Me: "Okay." Chew, chew...munch, munch. "Okay. It tastes like beef."

Stephen: "No, it's not beef."

Me: "Well, then, what is it?"

Stephen: "Actually, it's.......cow tongue."

**Gulp**

Yeah.....honestly, it really was just like beef. Same taste, same texture. But just the thought of eating COW TONGUE made it rather difficult for me to eat the second piece!


1 comment:

Celia said...

*gag* That is GROSS! You were really brave to eat the second piece....