Friday, April 19, 2013

{Works With Her Hands} Garden Girls

I've been extremely busy this past week, so I really haven't had much time for crafting or working on projects. However, I did find a little bit of time to make some markers for my "flower-pot garden". This year, I'll only have space to grow some herbs and flowers in a few pots; with so few things growing, I don't think I'll actually forget which plant is in which pot. However, any chance to had color and whimsy is a must.

I was originally planning on using large wooden craft sticks, until I realized that I had none. After a little digging, I found some wooden peg clothes-pins. I started by painting one for each color of the rainbow (like I said last week, I have an obsession with rainbow-order), but really wasn't sure what else I would do. Soon, however, these little darlings came to be:


I tried to make them look the way I envisioned a girl named after the herb would look. Here is Basil; my seed package called it Sweet Basil, so I tried to make her look like a sweet little girl. Thus, blond hair, blue eyes, and a pink bow in her hair:


Here is Sage :

This is Oregano; the name oregano just sounds spicy and foreign to me, so I tried to give her a little extra zest.


I was going to take pictures of all of them individually, but my camera batteries ran out. Ah well. In the main picture, Rosemary is in the red, and Lavender is in yellow and purple. I love my little Garden Girls!

1 comment:

Celia said...

Your garden girls are adorable. I think Sage is my favorite :)

Celia