Thursday, April 11, 2013

{Works With Her Hands} A Quilt And Planner

Anybody who knows me well knows that I always have to have several projects going at once. Well, this week, my projects included making a planner and quilting.

I decided I need a planner because I realized that although I have a well-used calendar on my computer at home, there were many times when I needed access to it away from home. So, here it is:

I chose to put a sun on the outside because My Man always calls me his Sunshine, so whenever I see it I will be reminded to be his cheerful Sunshine.


I put pockets on the inside of both covers, and the front cover has some elastic to hold the planner shut.


The days of the week gave me room to satisfy my never-ending desire for rainbow-ordered colors. I also painted a little picture corresponding to the month in the corner.


I used the coptic stitch to bind it all together.


My other big project has been working on a quilt. I am in the quilting stage, which means lots of hand-stitching. And lots of hand-stitching means lots of audio books. This week alone I've made it through "Pride and Prejudice" and "Northanger Abbey". I embroidered some flowers in the empty spaces of the quilt, and I used a guide to the Victorian language of flowers to look up their meanings. I'm quilting in a basket weave pattern around the flowers.





No comments: